Stainless Steel is one of the most popular and used metals for the development of pipes because of its versatile chemical composition and features. Stainless Steel Pipes are available in various grades, materials, and specifications which provide satisfaction to all the industrial demands. SS 304 is one of the most widely used nonmagnetic, austenitic stainless steel grades that are suitable for the fabrication of all types of pipes. Stainless Steel 304 Pipes Stainless Steel 304 Pipes are available in different types such as seamless, welded, and pipe flanges.
Chemical Composition of Stainless Steel 304 Pipes
Stainless Steel 304 Pipes has the unique chemical combination of 18% chromium and 8% nickel. These pipes have excellent forming and welding features. The higher chromium and nickel content offers exceptional resistance to corrosion and higher flexibility in any corrosive media.
Characteristics of Stainless Steel 304 Pipes
- Excellent Weldability- Stainless Steel 304 pipes and tubes has excellent weldability for all standard melting processes, with or without filler metal. When welding thin sections it does not require post-weld annealing.
- Heat Treatment- During solution treatment (annealing) of 304 stainless steel can be heated to 1010-1120 degrees Celsius and then quickly cooled. These grades cannot be hardened by thermal treatment. Heat treatment is quite an important process in the production of stainless steel pipes. Heat treatment is very important to ensure the high strength and durability of 304 stainless steel pipe.
- Machining- Grade 304 enhanced machinability version “Ugima” is available in bar products “Ugima” machines significantly improved than 304 standards, resulting in higher machining speeds and reduced tool wear in many processes.
Applications of Grade 304 Stainless Steel Tubes
- Stainless Steel 304 Seamless Pipes are used in various fields, especially food processing, as they are not prone to acid corrosion found in common foods. Therefore, this steel is suitable for products such as sinks, dishwashers, food shop equipment, and refrigerators.
- 304 stainless steel tubing can also be used in heat exchangers, chemical tanks, and piping in the brewing industry. It can be used as a production material in places where high-temperature petroleum gases or vapors are stored, such as pressure vessels.
- 304 stainless steel tubing can also be used on standard corrosive carbon steel structures.